Total Pageviews

Battle of Aliwal 1846

Battle of Aliwal 1846
By Michael Perry

Saturday 21 April 2018

More WIP table pics

Hi gents,

A few more pics the table has moved on slightly since these were takin with antique studding added to the leather so just to add the glass to the table top  doors below and skirting/foot rest at the base.



The map came in 12 parts I had to join them tighter and paint of the white edge trim I think I got away with it.

Still a way to go but shaping up nicely.
                                            

14 comments:

  1. a very grand looking table Willie, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table and space are already stunning.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. The museum piece is coming along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.

    Willie, it already looks amazing. I don't think I've ever seen a leather covered wargame table before.

    Is the 12-piece map insert wood or tile?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the kind comments Gents.
    Ethan the map was actually paper it's designed as a wall mural.
    Each of the edges came with a white border, I think the idea was that these would be individually framed and then placed together on a wall.
    I had two options either cut all 4 sides of each panel or leave the white border on and paint over.I went for the latter as I wasn't too confident of keeping the panels square.The table top will be covered with glass to to protect the map/leather from the terrain boards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful looking table Willie and so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful table, Willie, and an impressive Wargaming space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. megabox download
    megabox for android
    megabox ios

    I went for the latter as I wasn't too confident of keeping the panels square.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.