Total Pageviews

Battle of Aliwal 1846

Battle of Aliwal 1846
By Michael Perry

Saturday 12 March 2011

TYW

A few years ago I bought this magazine for its TYW content particularly for the photos of Barry Hilton's figures which appeared in it.These figures have appeared in a number of publications of the years and had always caught my eye.As it turned out the collection came up for sale soon after the article in this mag and I was able to purchase this and it now forms a small part of the Anderson Collection.
The flags were hand painted on linen I think.
Figures are a mixture of various manufacturers.
imperialist artillery.
Buildings pick up from Jameson models Glasgow.
Imperialist command.
There is quite a bit to this collection but I will add to this over the years.
The big guns.


Scots also appeared in numbers in this conflict.
 
I don't know what keeps attracting me to pike and shot armies along side this one I have a collection for the league of Augsburg approx 400 figures at present using the new Copplestone castings but will have to wait until the flags arrive before I post some pics.

1 comment:


  1. Steps and link to download the CBSE books are explained below. Parents may download chapters or complete books.For the schools who have not prescribed CBSE books, students may still refer to the CBSE books as the same are the basis of the curriculum prescribed for all CBSE schools. CBSE 5th Class Books All are advised to download the CBSE books only from the official website only to ensure that they have the latest edition of the curriculum.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.