Total Pageviews

Battle of Aliwal 1846

Battle of Aliwal 1846
By Michael Perry

Saturday, 12 March 2011

TYW

A few years ago I bought this magazine for its TYW content particularly for the photos of Barry Hilton's figures which appeared in it.These figures have appeared in a number of publications of the years and had always caught my eye.As it turned out the collection came up for sale soon after the article in this mag and I was able to purchase this and it now forms a small part of the Anderson Collection.
The flags were hand painted on linen I think.
Figures are a mixture of various manufacturers.
imperialist artillery.
Buildings pick up from Jameson models Glasgow.
Imperialist command.
There is quite a bit to this collection but I will add to this over the years.
The big guns.


Scots also appeared in numbers in this conflict.
 
I don't know what keeps attracting me to pike and shot armies along side this one I have a collection for the league of Augsburg approx 400 figures at present using the new Copplestone castings but will have to wait until the flags arrive before I post some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment