Total Pageviews

Battle of Aliwal 1846

Battle of Aliwal 1846
By Michael Perry

Saturday 1 October 2011

More Russians and a bit of divine inspiration!

Hi guys,
New arrivals today,its been a bit manic around here over the last couple of weeks with around 800 figures arriving from various manufacturers and then being dispatched to the figure painters. It will be quite a while before they all make the return trip but looking forward to that time.

Russian reinforcements arrived this morning.

While I was adding the scenic to the bases I painted up a couple of priests.

Flags from Flag dude.

We are back to weekly delivery's from the War Office so plenty to see.

The priests have to be the easiest figures I have ever painted both in about an hour from bare metal.

The cross is out of lolly sticks five minutes to make and the icon was from the cart of pics from Phil Olley.

I am sure they will need the inspiration!

Best wishes

Willie

6 comments:

  1. Great looking figures!!! You've got such an impressive collection, I'd hate to think how much money your collection has cost????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray,
    As long as the collections cost less than the wine bill its no problem!

    I see it as an investment if you think about it its all art of some sort!
    I think when you look at some peoples collections they don't realise how good they are.

    Going through my old mags I see that I used to pay around 33p for a foundry figure now I pay circa £2.oo albiet the price of metal has went through the roof of late.

    Only proviso for me is that when I pop my clogs I have 1 figure in my breast pocket to keep me company!

    Best wishes
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That are gorgeous miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like plan for the end Willie. Might just do the same. Love those priests. Nice figs.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.